Super Taprobane Tours (Pvt.) Ltd.
Your Personal Tour Operator what is ayurveda ayurveda diet spa treatments
Super Taprobane Tours, Sri Lanka, we care about your safety when you travel. Here are some tips for a safe trip across the country or across the world.
BEFORE YOU GO
* Research basic information about your destination
* Leave a copy of your itinerary with a trusted family member or friend
* If you are driving, make sure your vehicle is in good working order
* Get copies of maps of your destination to locate routes, attractions, and essential services
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL TIPS
* Did you know that you need a current, valid passport if you are traveling anywhere outside of the the country, If you don't have a current, valid passport, apply for or renew your passport.
In addition to a passport, you may also need a visa to visit some countries. Check on the Web site or your host country or countries' tourism or foreign affairs Web sites.
* Plan to drive in another country? Check to see if your driver's license is valid abroad. You may also need an International Driving Permit or a translation of your country driver's license.
* Find your consulate or embassy's address and phone number.
* Research basic information about the country or countries you plan to visit to help you become familiar with local laws and customs. Your library or travel agent are valuable resources here. Also, check to see if there are any warnings or advisories for special considerations for the country or countries you plan to visit.
* Become familiar with some basic words and phrases in the language of the country or countries you plan to visit.
* Make photocopies of your passport, airline tickets, visa, Carry one set of copies in a safe place and leave another set of copies at home with a trusted family member or friend.
* Your health and accident insurance may not be valid outside of the your country. Check with your insurance provider to see if you need additional travel health/accident insurance.
* Some countries have restrictions on things you can bring with you or take home with you.
* Travel light.
* If you need any prescription medication, bring enough to last you the duration of your trip. * * * Also, if you wear glasses, bring an extra pair.
* Keep medicines in their original containers. You may also need a letter from your doctor explaining why you need certain medicines.
* Don't pack or bring any prohibited items, such as weapons, sharp objects, or dangerous substances.
* Don't bring a lot of cash or credit cards. Instead, bring travelers' checks, one or two credit cards, and only a small amount of cash or the specific amount to your agent.
* Don't pack or bring valuables, such as a lot of jewelry.
* Make sure your baggage is labeled with your name and phone number, but use a luggage tag. You may also consider using your work address and phone number on your luggage tags.
* Remember the rules for what you can carry on and what needs to be checked when flying. * * * Visit the web sites concerned to learn more about these rules.
AT THE AIRPORT AND IN THE AIR
* Don't leave your baggage unattended
* Don't let anyone other than airport staff members handle your luggage
* Don't accept any packages from strangers
* Report any suspicious activities
* Follow all safety and security rules and instructions
ON THE ROAD
* Wear your seat belt
* Don't drink and drive, and don't ride with anyone who has been drinking
* Make sure that your children are in approved child safety seats
* Don't drive if you feel drowsy
* Don't use cell phones or other electronic devices while driving
* Don't hitch hike, and don't pick up hitch hikers
* Be aware of road conditions and your surroundings
* Park in well-lit and well-traveled areas
* Keep your car's doors locked
* Don't place your baggage or other valuables in a place where criminals can easily see them
* If you are having car trouble, only accept help from police or other authorized personnel
IN YOUR HOTEL
* Find the nearest fire exits, fire alarm, fire extinguisher/hose to your room
* Keep your hotel room door locked at all times
* Ask visitors to meet you in the lobby or other public spaces in your hotel
* Use the hotel safe to store valuables
* Don't get into an elevator alone with suspicious strangers
* Ask hotel staff about safety and security policies if you are unsure
OUT AND ABOUT
* Pay attention to your surroundings
* Don't take more cash, travelers' checks, or credit cards than you need
* Don't accept rides from strangers
* Avoid large crowds, demonstrations, or public confrontations
* Keep a low profile
* Don't have too much alcohol to drink
* Stay in well-lit and well-traveled places
* Don't "flash" your cash or other valuables
* Don't discuss travel plans with strangers
* Find the location of the nearest police station, hospital, and other safe places .
* Report any suspicious activities to the police
* If you are robbed, don't resist